Sunday, October 5, 2008

World Cardmaking Day

In the South, they say you can say anything about a person as long as it's prefaced by "Bless his heart!"
Well, my husband... "Bless his heart!" supports my stamping addiction completely (for the most part anyway).
When I mentioned to him that yesterday was "World Card Making Day" he made the typical nods and grunts that would be expected of a man. ;)
Later, referring to yesterday, he called it first, "World Federation Stamping Day," then, "National Scrapbook Stamping Day," and then, "City, County, National, World Federation Stamping, Scrapping, Card Making Day."


What a joker.


When I woke up, there was a card waiting on my desk for me... made by him, with scrap paper from my trash can. I couldn't believe it.



DH: I made it for you! For National World Card Making Day!

Me: Wow! That's great!

DH: (Big Grin)

Me: How many tools did you use?

DH: Four!

Me: Four?! Really? Which four?

DH: Scissors, my thumb nail to score like you use that Scor-Pal thingy, Scotch tape, and a pen!

Me: I'm so proud of you!

DH: Me, too! I got all of the paper from your trash can!

How can I not love this man? :-D

I spent a few hours making cards for deployed troops. Gina K hosted a promotion on her blog and it is very near and dear to my heart. I know this means a lot to those guys over there to receive these cards in the mail and I'm honored to participate. I created this stack of 20 Christmas cards to send out.

Stamps:
Cornish Heritage Farms Heart Warmers
Paper:
Prism Green, Gold unknown, Georgia Pacific White
Ink:
Palette Noir Black, Close To My Heart Markers, Topiary, Holiday Red, Chocolate
Handmade Envelopes

And thennn...

(Because 20 cards was not enough ya' know!)

I had to create something using this Unity stamp. I bought it weeks ago and had yet to use it. You know how that goes... HAD to have it... Anyway! I LOVE this quote! It is painted on the wall at Leilehua High School and I think it just means SO much. Really. I love it. And that paper! I cannot get enough of that paper. Basic Grey Offbeat. Seriously. I think I need a 12-step program.

Stamps:
Unity, Be the Change
Paper:
Paper Trey Ink Dark Chocolate, Stampin' Up! Soft Sky, Georgia Pacific White, Basic Grey Offbeat
Ink:
Stampin' Up! Chocolate, Stampin' Up! Blue Bayou
Accessories:
Bling, Circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up! Corner Punch, Paper Piercer

And if the fact that yesterday was WORLD Card Making Day was not enough... I mean come on! Like we need an event or occasion to stamp? Teri, a local gal who helps me with my SU! addiction {wink!} , sent me this CUTE!! card, which I got yesterday.

Thank you, Teri!!

So, now it's Sunday and the kids on the island are all out of school for Fall Break for the next week and a half. YAY!!!!

I hope you're having a great day!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Wowza---that is a lot of cards--you go girl! They look fabulous!

I was in stitches reading about your husband (and his tool--the thumb nail!) What a sweetheart he is to create something for you on World Cardmaking day! I think i need to show this post to my dh! lol! Too funny!

Teri said...

Glad you liked my card...I'm loving all of your cards and projects!