Thursday, September 18, 2008

Free Standing Pop Up Card

I saw this tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers and had to give it a shot!
It's a Free-Standing Pop-Up card and it folds flat & fits into a standard A-2 Envelope for mailing.
I used American Crafts patterned paper for the bottom, even though the instructions call for a cardstock base. I thought that since this paper was a little thicker than most patterned paper, it would be okay... which it is for the most part. It's a little bit flimsy, but it still holds up well.
For the tag portion, I used Prism Blue cardstock, Close To My Heart Olive and Georgia Pacific White.
The stamps are Paper Trey Ink Spiral Bouquet.
Inks are Close To My Heart Sunflower and Olive.
I used a We R Memory Keepers Jumbo Eyelet with a scrap of blue ribbon at the top.

Here's a side view:

And here's what it looks like folded flat.
This was really super easy to make! I made another version in different colors that I'll show you later. I made these to send to friends on the Gulf Coast who were hit by Ike.

Hurricanes and all, I still miss Texas & Pensacola! Hawaii is beautiful and I'll miss the gorgeous beaches, but I can't wait to get back to the mainland!

I hope you're having a fantastic Friday! I'm looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully my hubby won't have to work again and we can enjoy some time together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and fun!! I love that you used the patterned paper for the base, it looks great!! I have to try one of those cards soon :) (Gorgeous nails by the way!! lol.!)

Teri said...

Wow Christina! I love this pop up card! Teri