Sunday, September 14, 2008

Scrap Paper Bookmarks

The pile of scrap paper on my desk is becoming a mountain of pretty colors! I decided I needed to USE more of these scraps instead of just letting them pile up here before they get moved to scrap paper folders.


So, to kill two birds with one stone, as they say, I decided to make a couple of bookmarks, since I am always losing them. I bet I have 50 bookmarks lost somewhere in this house. So I end up using whatever I can find quickly to mark my pages when I read (napkins, magazine inserts, post-it notes...)

Here's what I came up with:

Both bookmarks use Prism Brown cardstock.
I stamped a Technique Tuesday Owl on the first one and added an We R Memory Keepers Jumbo eyelet at the top. This was layered on a piece of Cloud 9 patterned paper.
The second one uses Prism Island Mist cardstock and I stamped the cupcake from Verve's Cupcake Affair (I love that stamp, can you tell?). I used another We R Memory Keepers Jumbo Eyelet and Offray brown satin ribbon.
I colored both images with Copics and then laminated them in my Xyron and that's it!
Easy Peasy! :)
I hope you're enjoying a great weekend! It's been raining here (though not as hard as it was on the Gulf Coast yesterday) and hubby has been working LONG hours, so that's kind of a bummer.
I'm so glad my family in Texas are okay with very little damage from Hurricane Ike. They were very blessed this time. They said it was the worst thing they'd ever been through! (And this is not their first major hurricane!) We'll continue to pray for those who have lost so much in this storm.
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Beate said...

Both bookmarks look wonderful! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. Your work is gorgeous.