Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Verve Swirl Stars





I took the Color Challenge 10 over at Color Throwdown (Late, I know!) But I thought these colors would make great cards for the Cards for Heroes cards I've been making!
I used Prism Navy Blue Cardstock for the base, layered Georgia Pacific White cardstock over that. I stamped Verve's Swirly Stars in Palette New Canvas ink on Pure Poppy cardstock from Paper Trey Ink. I ran that through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Swirls embossing folder.

The Stars were cut from my Spellbinders Nestabilities. I made score lines through each point on my Scor-Pal. In the center of the star, I used a tiny silver star nailhead. I mounted this on the card front using dimensionals. I also used tiny silver star brads from Making Memories and tied it off with 1/4" white organza ribbon.

Inside, I added a layer of Georgia-Pacific white cardstock that I used a Martha Stewart border punch on. I also stamped a star along the edge in Stampin' Up! Night of Navy.

In all, I am mailing off over 20 cards for this project. I'm so glad I was able to participate in this! I know the soldiers receiving these cards will be very grateful!

When my husband was deployed "over there," I can't tell you how many times he told me that he was much more apt to write me a letter if he had one of these blank cards with envelope to use. I'm not sure why it was that much more difficult to put his pen to a blank piece of paper instead of a card, but he swore it was easier to write in a card. Either way, I know I was thrilled to get mail from him in my mailbox!

Anyhoo! I've been having computer issues lately and I'm just at my wits end. I'm going to have hubby call Dell tech support for me soon. (His long hours at work mean he is hardly ever home anymore!) Hopefully we can figure out what the problem is and get it fixed!

Thanks for visiting!

Happy Hump Day (Wednesday)!

1 comment:

Teri said...

I just love this card. I especially love the star and how you scored the lines to make it pop up. I must give this a try!