Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mojo Monday 52

First, I have to share! I can't believe it! I actually won a prize at the Verve Release Party for the cards I made for the One Sheet Wonder Challenge!! I won a set of stamps called, "So Happy" and I am SO excited!!
And now I can't believe it, but I was actually able to participate in Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch challenge. I've been wanting to do it for so long! This time I made two different sets of cards for this sketch. I'll show you the first set tonight.
I used Prism cardstock (love that leathery-texture & the vibrant colors!); Verve Cupcake Affair; Cloud 9 Patterned paper; Ribbon in Aqua Mist & Dark Chocolate from Paper Trey Ink; Dark Chocolate Palette Ink from Paper Trey Ink; Oval Nestabilities; Copics; & Robin's Nest Dew Drops

I've been making lots of multiples of each card I create. I'm creating them for "Cards for a Cause" on SCS, who are sending these cards to Cards For Heroes. Cards For Heroes sends cards to troops serving overseas. As an Army wife myself, I can appreciate what this means to soldiers who are so far from home for an extended period of time. I am proud to be participating in this great project! Check it out! If you have an extra card or two, why don't you participate, too?

Thanks for visiting!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Christina, your cards are beautiful!!! I never knew that you are an Army wife...where have I been? I'm a retired Air Force wife now -- after 24 years, it's hard to switch over!

I started my own blog -- http://lattebuddies.blogspot.com/ and of course have listed you as one of my blogs I follow!

How do you make smaller pictures? Mine are huge...so much to learn!
hugs to you, Kerri

Bev said...

Fab card, I just love the colour combo

hugs Bev x

Kathryn said...

WOW -- your card is FANTASTIC!!
Love everything about it -- :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love the colors and details. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)